Thursday, October 18, 2007

How did Springfieldians keep warm during the cold cold days?

















This past January, Springfield was hit by a huge ice storm. It destroyed trees and plant life and threw out power to almost the entire city for days. It was one of the craziest things I haver been through. I was out of power for two weeks. Luckily I was able to stay with Dustin's family (since they were only out of power a couple of days). I felt very grateful to have that luxury at a time like that and actually kind of enjoyed those two weeks. The ice was beautiful and since I don't own a home yet, I had nothing to worry about as far as property damage. I realized during those two weeks how much we rely on and take advantage of electricity.










The front page of our paper today had this news story. I had heard about this before, but still found it quite funny!
http://news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071018/NEWS01/710180396/1007

Ice Storm Babies!! Who would have thought!! :)

So that was the key to staying warm!! huh!

1 comments:

My name is April. October 19, 2007 at 8:03 AM  

So funny! I love those pictures that you took. They are so amazing. I wish we could see those works of nature more often, only without having to deal with their powerful effects (like no power). Last night I was looking forward to the severe storm watch (which was lame) but it's not like I want terrible things to happen! I just want it to tease us with its beauty!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP