Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Cool Art

CHECK THIS OUT!





A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE ARTIST:
Liu Bolin, a young Beijing-based artist, has become know as the “invisible man” due to his ability to use his own body as an art material. The 36-year-old chameleon paints on himself, appearing to blend in with the backdrop.
A perfectionist, Bolin often works on a single photograph for up to 10 hours, shocking many passers-by when he finally moves. Bolin said his inspiration came from feeling like a social outcast.
“Some people call me the invisible man, but for me it’s what is not seen in a picture which is really what tells the story,” Mr Bolin told the UK’s Telegraph. “I experienced the dark side of society, without social relations, and had a feeling that no one cared about me, I felt myself unnecessary in this world. Mr Liu says his work is also a protest against the government, who shut down his art studio in 2005.
from http://graficareal.net/index.php/reviews/liu-bolin-the-invisible-man-exhibits-in-paris/

6 comments:

kelly cameron October 29, 2009 at 1:17 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
momentsinaneye October 29, 2009 at 10:36 AM  

Very cool indeed. Love these.

Yours Faithfully October 29, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

Lovely site! Diesel stole the show, though.

Perle-Noire October 29, 2009 at 9:06 PM  

Wow, those are so cool! Any ideas as to why his studio was shut down though...?

Anonymous October 31, 2009 at 7:47 AM  

Totally awesome. I had a hard time finding him in the tractor picture. Was Diesel in a picture? I didn't spot her.

Bejing is in China, I don't remember when the big riots were,(1990s?) but many students were injured and killed in Teiennemem Square (the spelling is wrong). It is a communist country there is no telling exactly why his art studio was shut down. Probably something to do with no human rights or 1st amendment rights. Sad that some people have to live like that. Sue

My name is April. November 2, 2009 at 12:22 PM  

Wow really cool. I have so much appreciation for really good, and really unusual art. Thanks for sharing!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP