Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Kids, Ninjas, and Jetskis

So on my first real post on the blog, I decided to tackle not 1, not 2, but 3 (count 'em 3!) topics!

First, kids. Kids these days are growing up so fast. And it's always nice to see supportive parents. I saw this article today on MSN and it just warms the heart to see how parents are helping their kids do things never before thought possible. A couple in India had so much faith in their 15 year old son and just wanted the best for him that they
cheated, forged records, endangered human life, concealed evidence, and abetted a crime just to help their kid. What was the son doing you might ask? Nothing much...just delivering a baby by C-section to set a world record as the youngest surgeon ever. Nothing says love like putting someone else's life in danger just to see your kid's name in the Guinness Book of World Records. I mean, these are parents that have their priorities in order. If only I can be half as supportive as these parents when I have a kid. :) Here's the whole article...

Teen surgeon flees as police plan to arrest him

Next on the list, ninjas. That's right ninjas. To whet your appetite, allow me to quote from "The State of the Ninja":

Ninjas are everywhere. Ninjas are in movies, ninjas are on TV, there is probably a ninja clinging to the bottom of your desk right now. With their roots in the battlefields of 14th-century Japan, ninjas were assassins who practiced the art of ... oh, who cares? It doesn't matter where ninjas came from. All you need to know is that ninjas can totally kill you without even thinking about it. In fact, ninjas are so lethal that it takes an enormous effort of will for them not to kill you. You are only alive because a ninja is trying very hard not to shoot a blow dart through your neck right this minute.
If that doesn't make you want to read on, then I don't know what will. Here you go...

The State of the Ninja

And finally, jetskis. So this is pretty much just for Peter, and, actually, I'm pretty sure he doesn't even know this blog exists right now, but I'll fix that right after I finish this post. Anyway, I was checking out the latest HomestarR
unner short and, lo and behold, there was a jetski! And not only a jetski, but to my untrained eyes it looks like a stand up! Maybe a superjet, but I'm leaning more towards a 550. Maybe a 450. 350? Here's a screenshot I took for proof. If you want, you can also check out the whole video (it's actually not too bad!).


HomestarRunner: Helmets

- Dustin

4 comments:

My name is April. June 27, 2007 at 7:43 AM  

This morning I stopped for coffee at Anodyne on Brady Street. There was this nice...but somewhat strange man outside. He greeted me as I got out of my car. He recommended his favorite coffee drink. Then when I left he told me that I looked really nice. Then he asked me if I had to dress up every day because of my work. I was polite. I like it when people think I look nice. I'm pretty sure that guy was a ninja. Yep, I'm fairly certain.

Anonymous June 27, 2007 at 8:11 AM  

haha! You guys crack me up!!!
~Stace~

onesojourner June 27, 2007 at 8:12 AM  

April I am pretty sure if that guy was a ninja he would be dressed up in the ninja garb, and if he was dressed up in the ninja garb and you saw him I am pretty sure you would be dead. So its safe to assume that he was absolutely not a ninja.

Dustin good eye. technically that was a wetski but I am sure thats to avoid copy right violation and that sort of thing. you would be correct in assuming that was a kawasaki jetski and not a yamaha waverunner. On top of that you are probably right on thinking it is a 550. it could also be a 440 or a 400 but the 550 is much more popular. oh and by the way when are you coming to ride the superjet again?

My name is April. June 27, 2007 at 12:40 PM  

Oh good Peter...I sure hope you're right. I've been having these ninja-haunted day dreams all day. It's totally distracting. What a relief!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP