Saturday, July 14, 2007

What a Week!

So I had a really really rough week at work. We have several big and exciting things going on right now, which is good, but also very stressful. Each new thing required lots of promotion and designing projects for me and the other designer.


Now, I love being busy and I love all these new things. They keep me learning and pushing myself. But I'm pretty sure my computer is semi-human and can sense when I have big things going on. It always starts freaking out right in the middle of some big and important deadlines. At one point this week, I had several things that were due right then and my computer froze and then wouldn't boot up again. I worked for half an hour just getting it to start. I was just about in tears!
So this last week, we were given a million and one things to do and just a few small minutes to do them. That's how it usually is. By the time we get an assignment, it was really due yesterday. So this week I pushed myself farther than I have ever before (I thought college was tough!), working most days through lunch breaks and most days either coming in early or staying late (sometimes both). With both jobs I worked over 60 hours last week, being stressed out and wondering if I was going to finish even half of what needed to be done. I was emotionally and physically exhausted!

Now here's the funny ironic thing! A while back, I was given a little desk card holder that houses about 100 or so little cards with Scripture verses and devotionals on them. This week I flipped over a card and this was my verse of the week.
Ephesians 6:7 "Work with enthusiasm, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people." When I first flipped that over on Monday morning, I didn't pay much attention to it. But as the week went on I kept looking at it and thinking, "How funny that God would give me that verse this week!"
~Stacey~

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP